The Expanded School Based Health Center’s mission is to enhance Parish Hill Middle and High school students’ educational success by providing students and their families with mental health services, supportive family services, health and well-being information and referral services that are free of charge, non-discriminatory, easily accessible and confidential.
- Individual, group and crisis counseling.
- Prevention and education services.
- Referral services to community health, mental health and supportive families services.
- Liaison between school, home, and community.
- Helping Hands Program – Holiday Assistance and Financial Assistance (when available).
- Liaison to interdisciplinary teams such as Special Education, 504, Student Assistance Team, and Crisis Team.
- District Eleven Substance Abuse Prevention Council (DESAP)
- See the Community Resource Guide for information on community based services.
Helping Hands Holiday Assistance Program:
The Helping Hands Holiday Assistance Program is taking applications until November 10, 2016. The Holiday Assistance Program offers a Thanksgiving food basket and a December food basket to families who have children at Parish Hill Middle/High School and are in need. If you would like to apply for assistance, please complete the APPLICATION and either e-mail it to email@example.com or mail it to Julie Reed, Parish Hill Middle/High School, 304 Parish Hill Road, Chaplin, CT 06235. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call Julie at 860-455-9584.
Helping Hands Field Trip Assistance:
When available, the Helping Hands program offers financial assistance to those families who are financially struggling to pay for a field trip. If you would like to apply for assistance, please click on the link below, fill out the form and return it to Julie Reed at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Parish Hill Middle/High School, 304 Parish Hill Road, Chaplin, CT 06278
Free and Confidential Assistance Contact Information:
Marcia McGinley, Social Worker, (email@example.com)
Julie Reed, Program Coordinator, (firstname.lastname@example.org)
304 Parish Hill Road, Chaplin, CT 06235
Tuesday-Thursday 7:40-3:00 during the school year
During summer or school vacations you may contact Infoline at 211 or http://www.infolineinc.org/ for referrals to community agencies that can assist you. If you have a school related question, you may contact Parish Hill Middle/ High School’s Main Office at 455-9584 for further assistance.
Program funding provided by the Department of Public Health Expanded School Based Health Center Grant, Parish Hill Middle/ High School, and the Northeast Communities Against Substance Abuse.