The Expanded School Based Health Center’s mission is to enhance Parish Hill Middle and High school students’ educational success by providing students and their families with mental health services, supportive family services, health and well-being information and referral services that are free of charge, non-discriminatory, easily accessible and confidential.
- Individual, group and crisis counseling.
- Prevention and education services.
- Referral services to community health, mental health and supportive families services.
- Liaison between school, home, and community.
- Helping Hands Program – Holiday Assistance and Financial Assistance (when available).
- Liaison to interdisciplinary teams such as Special Education, 504, Student Assistance Team, and Crisis Team.
- District Eleven Substance Abuse Prevention Council (DESAP)
- See the Community Resource Guide for information on community based services.
Helping Hands Holiday Assistance Program:
The Helping Hands Holiday Assistance Program takes place in the fall before the start of the holiday season. The Holiday Assistance Program offers a Thanksgiving food basket and a December food basket to families who have children at Parish Hill Middle/High School and are in need. If you would like to apply for assistance, please complete the APPLICATION and either e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail it to Kathleen Svedarsky, Parish Hill Middle/High School, 304 Parish Hill Road, Chaplin, CT 06235. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call Kathleen at 860-455-9584.
Free and Confidential Assistance Contact Information:
Kathleen Svedarsky, Social Worker, (email@example.com)
304 Parish Hill Road, Chaplin, CT 06235
860-455-9584 ext. 110
Monday – Friday 7:40-3:00 during the school year
During summer or school vacations you may contact Infoline at 211 or http://www.infolineinc.org/ for referrals to community agencies that can assist you. If you have a school related question, you may contact Parish Hill Middle/High School’s Main Office at 455-9584 for further assistance.